Getting injured in a car accident can bring many difficulties into your life. From medical bills to lost wages, the aftermath can be overwhelming. That’s why having a skilled California car accident attorney by your side is crucial to help you navigate the legal process and obtain the compensation you deserve.
The proficient auto accident attorneys at Berg Injury Lawyers comprehend your challenges. They understand your concerns about insurance claims, settlement timelines, and the impact on your life. We are here to provide clear and concise answers to your questions and guide you through the process.
Our car accident lawyers will provide straightforward information about various aspects of your claim, such as medical coverage, property damage, lost income, and more. We are dedicated to assisting you in finding the necessary medical care so you can recover fully from your injuries and get your life back on track. Our services extend to San Francisco, Sacramento, Fresno, Modesto, and Northern California.
Feel free to reach out to us through a call or online form. Rest assured; our consultations are confidential and free of charge.
Our No Fee Guarantee®
Concerns about legal fees should not prevent you from seeking justice. At Berg Injury Lawyers, we offer the No Fee Guarantee®, which means you won’t have to pay anything if we don’t win your case.
Berg’s Exceptional Success in Auto Accident Cases
In a recent auto accident case, Berg Injury Lawyers secured a staggering recovery SIXTY TIMES the initial settlement offer from an insurance company. The client had sustained a severe neck injury due to another driver’s illegal U-turn. Despite being offered a settlement before approaching Berg Injury Lawyers, our expertise led to a settlement that was 60 times higher.
Determining Eligibility for a Claim
To be eligible for compensation after a car accident, two criteria must be met:
- The accident was caused, at least in part, by someone else’s negligence.
- The accident resulted in serious physical injuries for you or your family member.
Our experienced California car accident attorneys can help you understand what negligence entails and the definition of a “severe” injury. If your accident meets these criteria, we will begin building your claim immediately. If your claim involves vehicle damage along with your injuries, we’ll work to resolve your vehicle-related claim at no cost.
Navigating Communication with Insurance Companies
After an accident, insurance company representatives might contact you. While informing your insurer about the crash is essential, you should avoid speaking to the at-fault party’s insurance company. Even innocent remarks can be twisted to make it seem like you were at fault or that your injuries are not severe. Their aim might be to pressure you into accepting a quick settlement far below what you truly deserve.
Experienced California auto accident attorneys like us understand the tactics of insurance companies. It’s recommended to hang up and get in touch with us instead. We will help you assess the fairness of a settlement offer and communicate with the insurance company on your behalf.
The Value of Hiring an Auto Accident Lawyer
If you’re unsure about hiring an attorney after a car accident, it’s wise to consult one at least to explore your options. With a skilled lawyer handling your case, you have a much better chance of receiving higher compensation than accepting the first settlement offer made by an insurance company.
Suing After a Car Accident: When is it Necessary?
Filing a lawsuit after a car accident becomes necessary when an insurance company denies rightful compensation. It’s often a last resort for an injured person, but it’s a powerful way to demand the payment required to cover medical expenses, lost income, and other damages.
Average Settlement for a Car Accident in California
The settlement amount for car accident injuries can vary greatly, ranging from thousands to millions. Factors determining the compensation include medical bills, property damage, lost income, and future costs. An experienced attorney considers these aspects to arrive at a fair compensation amount.
The Possibility of Going to Court
While most injury claims are settled before reaching court, preparing for a trial is always a good strategy. Berg Injury Lawyers is known for being tough negotiators, and insurance companies know we are willing to go to trial if necessary to secure fair compensation.
Tips for Hiring the Best Car Accident Attorney
When choosing an attorney for your car accident case, consider these tips:
- Schedule free consultations with different attorneys to discuss your case and receive feedback.
- Inquire about their track record in handling cases similar to yours.
- Ask about their approach to cases and whether they are preparing for trial.
- List qualities you want in an attorney, such as experience, reputation, assertiveness, responsiveness, and empathy.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident
Following these steps after a car accident can protect your health and your right to compensation:
- Call 911 for immediate assistance and to create an accident report.
- Seek medical attention, even for seemingly minor injuries.
- Take pictures of the accident scene, vehicles, and injuries.
- Refrain from admitting fault or apologizing to anyone.
- Gather information from the other driver and witnesses.
- Document details about the accident.
- Avoid speaking to the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
- Keep records and receipts of expenses.
- Contact an attorney to protect your rights.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Irrespective of the cause of the accident, your injuries are a primary concern. Some common injuries resulting from car accidents include broken bones, cuts, head, neck, spinal injuries, internal bleeding, and paralysis. To learn more about the factors contributing to car accidents in California, visit our Car Crash Facts and Statistics page.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
Berg Injury Lawyers has assisted car accident victims throughout Northern California since 1981. With our No Fee Guarantee®, you only pay if we win your case. Don’t let insurance companies determine the value of your claim. Reach out to Berg Injury Lawyers for a free initial consultation today.
Frequently Asked Questions About California Car Accident Attorneys
- Why do I need a California car accident attorney? If you’ve been injured in a car accident, an attorney can help you navigate the complex legal process, negotiate with insurance companies, and ensure you receive fair compensation for your injuries and losses.
- How do I choose the right California car accident attorney for my case? Look for an attorney with experience handling car accident cases, a track record of successful settlements and verdicts, and positive client reviews. Schedule consultations to discuss your case and assess their approach.
- What is the No Fee Guarantee® offered by Berg Injury Lawyers? The No Fee Guarantee® means you won’t have to pay any legal fees unless your attorney wins your case. It provides peace of mind knowing you won’t incur expenses if your case isn’t successful.
- What types of cases do car accident attorneys handle? Car accident attorneys handle various cases, including those involving rear-end collisions, distracted driving, drunk driving, hit-and-run accidents, uninsured motorists, and more.
- What compensation can I receive after a car accident in California? Compensation can cover medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, pain and suffering, emotional distress, and future medical costs. An attorney can help assess what damages you’re eligible for.
- Should I speak to the other driver’s insurance company after an accident? It’s advisable to avoid speaking to the other driver’s insurance company without consulting your attorney. Anything you say could potentially be used against you to reduce your claim.
- How long do I have to file a car accident claim in California? In California, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is generally two years from the date of the accident. However, it’s recommended to consult an attorney as soon as possible to avoid missing any deadlines.
- What if the insurance company denies my claim? If the insurance company denies your claim or offers an inadequate settlement, your attorney can negotiate on your behalf and, if necessary, file a lawsuit to seek fair compensation through the legal process.
- Do car accident cases usually go to court in California? Many car accident cases are resolved through negotiations and settlements before reaching court. However, an experienced attorney will be prepared to go to trial if it becomes necessary to ensure you receive just compensation.
- How much does it cost to hire a California car accident attorney? Many car accident attorneys, like Berg Injury Lawyers, offer free initial consultations, and some work on a contingency fee basis. This means they only get paid if they successfully recover compensation for you.
- What steps should I take immediately after a car accident in California? After an accident, call 911 for assistance, seek medical attention, take pictures of the scene and injuries, gather information from the other driver and witnesses, and avoid admitting fault or discussing the accident with the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
- What should I do if the insurance company offers a settlement? Before accepting any settlement offer, consult your attorney to ensure it adequately covers your medical expenses, property damage, lost income, and future costs. Insurance companies often try to settle for less than you deserve.
- Can I still file a claim if the accident was partially my fault? California follows a comparative negligence rule, which means you may still be able to recover compensation even if you were partially at fault for the accident. Your compensation may be reduced proportionally to your level of fault.
- How do I prove negligence in a car accident case? To prove negligence, you need to demonstrate that the other party breached their duty of care, their actions directly caused the accident, and your injuries resulted from the accident.
- What if the at-fault driver is uninsured or underinsured? If the at-fault driver doesn’t have insurance or has inadequate coverage, your own uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage may come into play to compensate for your injuries and damages.
Remember, each car accident case is unique, and seeking legal guidance from a California car accident attorney is essential for a thorough understanding of your specific situation. Contact an attorney to discuss your case and explore your options for seeking compensation.